Sunday, April 20, 2008

Magic of Thinking Big

I am currently reading several books. I have had a hard time to get started with any one book and keep going with it. So I have again picked up Magic of Thinking Big. I have read this book before. I was in a very different place in my life. I was reading it today at the laundromat and there are already things that are jumping out at me. I have never been the kind to read a book for a second time. So this is something new for me.

The first chapter is about belief. But it starts by talking about success. This is when it comes to our business I have had the most difficult time. What is success for me? What is success for Keith? Are they the same thing? Is it okay for them to be different? Up until now I have always thought that success was having a corporate job that you are married too. One where you are working 50 to 60 hours a week bringing work home all the time and you have to wear a suit. For me that is what success has always been. But truly what is success? Boil it all down success is winning.

Where the real problem has come in is when I am asked what do I want, what is my dream, I can't give an answer. Sara what is your why? Well my why has never made me so emotional that it has brought me to tears or made me so incredibly happy that I can't help but smile. So what is it??? What is my why??? I struggle with this all the time. I once heard that you need to sit down and figure out how you are going to spend 20,000 a month for 12 months straight then you will have your why. Granted I have never done this, but the reason I have never done it is because this seems like such a monster mental task.

I am sitting here asking myself why do you want to go Ruby? Better yet why do you want to go 7500? Why do you want to have any sort of success with your marketing business? My first answer to that is that I want Keith to be happy and I know that the success of our marketing business is going to do that for him. But more importantly I want our family (Keith and my family - however many kids we have) the 6 of us (our 4 kids) to live a comfortable life. I don't want my children to know how to juggle bills. I don't want my children to know the secrets of late payments, slow payments or bad credit. I don't want them to learn these things from their parents like I did. I don't want our kids to think that having bad credit is okay like I did. I want to be stable, I want there to be money in the bank. I want our children to be able to ask for anything they want and when we say no it is not because we can't afford it. I want our children to be able to ask for anything they want, not what I did as a kid and not ask for things because I knew my parents couldn't afford it. So they wouldn't feel bad, I didn't ask. I don't want that for my kids. My kids will not know what it is like to eat pancakes for breakfast. I want an unlimited shopping budget.

If I want to buy a $100 pair of pants because I like the way they looked I want to be able to just get them. I want to be able to go on trips and not have to save for months and cut corners so we can go. I want to be able to just go. I want to be able to do wash when I want to do it not when we have the quarters. I don't want my children to be able to say what I did today, "I have been washing clothes in a laundromat for 20 years." That is terrible. That made me sick and I don't want to be doing it for another 20.

You are always told to have your dreams surrounding you. How do you have financial security portrayed in a picture? How do you keep yourself surrounded by giving your kids the right thought processes? What can you use to depict a comfortable life? I guess for that one you can just cut out pictures of the things that you want in your house. I want my kids to have a better life. I want my husband and I to have a better life. The question then comes down to do I believe that we are deserving of a better life? Do we deserve to have the best of what is out there? They answer is hell yes we do. We deserve anything our heart desires. We are good people and we are Christians. All we need to do is ask for it, be thankful for it and walk in faith until it arrives.

All of this from 3 pages of chapter one in Magic of Thinking Big. What else is there to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis