Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tumblr

Okay, so my sister convinced me to start a tumblr blog.  I am trying to figure it out and I am getting some of the stuff down, I think.  I do like how it automatically posts to my twitter account.  Maybe a good one to use for the business if I can get it looking right... maybe.

However, I found a challenge on her tumblr blog that I thought I would try as well.  It is called the letter challenge.  Each day for 30 days you write a letter to a variety of different people.  It works well with something else I am working on right now.  I am reading a Joyce Meyer book about living an exceptional life right now.  Just started really and it starts out by talking about developing the gift of love.  So here is my take on this challenge.  Each of these letters are going to be focused on responding in love to the variety of people listed.

Day One:  Best Friend

Dear Best Friend, Husband and Love of My Life,

When we said "I do" almost 3 years ago I knew that I was going to be happy for a long, long time to come.

Well then life happens and life goes through ups and downs, happiness comes and goes.  For awhile here it seems like we are dealing with a lot more downs than ups.  I think it's all the adjusting we are doing to being new parents, business partners, life partners, and just being on this journey together. 

You are one of the only people who can make me smile when I want to cry.  You can make me laugh when I want to scream.  You make me want to be a better wife, mother and friend.

Here we are almost one week into a new journey.  A journey that is going to change our lives.  Marc Darcy said it best, "I love you just the way you are."  I know that I am not the motivation for the changes that are coming, but that what makes the changes coming so much better.  These changes are motivated by you.  You have never asked what my motivations are for this journey.  They are two fold.  You and our family.  I want to be hot.  Plain and simple.  I want you to see guys look at me when I walk past and they take a double take.  I want you to feel good having me on your arm.  I want to look good in a bikini again.  Sure, I want those same confident feelings for myself, but I have never been one to stick at things that are not for someone else.  Even if I am the selfish one.  ;)

Thank you for choosing me.  I would choose you again in a heartbeat.

Tomorrow:  "Crush"  - Might have to be a former crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis