Monday, May 7, 2012

Make It Monday

Wednesday I mentioned that I would be providing a tutorial on how to create this fun picture using My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software.

Here is my warning.  This post is picture heavy!

For this tutorial you will need to have My Memories Suite v3.  You can purchase it by clicking on the banner on the right sidebar and use that code to save $10.  This means it will only cost you $29!  Oh and you get $10 gift certificate to use at the site.  You can also enter to win a copy by clicking here.


This is where you start any album.  For this album pick the "Design You Own" option.  It will then ask you to pick your orientation and size.


 Click "Photo" and add your photos.  You will need to add each photo individually.


I then shaped my photos.  When you are on the photo option, click shape and this box will appear.  I picked the scalloped rectangle.


 Move your pictures to their desired locations.


I then added the background paper.  Under paper be sure you look under "Purchased" there are several papers loaded there that come with the software.  If you download any design packs this is also where they would be located.


I wanted to mat the photos, but I also wanted to use the mat to group the photos.  I added a shape.  After I added the shape I clicked "Mat" and it puts a border around the shape.  While still in the shape menu, click paper.  This will make the shape look like decorative paper.  The purchased papers are now listed under themes.  I used a frame for the other picture, this is also in the shape menu.  


At this point your shapes are all going to be on top of your pictures.  Move your shapes to the desired locations.  Select a shape and click "Send Backward" until you have the level that you want.  If you go to far back you can bring things forward by clicking "Bring forward".


Now that you have all of your pictures positioned and matted you can add your embellishments.  There are tons to choose from and even more on the site.  Select the embellishment that you want and click "Apply".  This puts the embellishment on your album, but leaves the embellishment menu open to add others.  If you are done adding embellishments click "Close".



Finally add your journaling and place it where you would like it.  My journaling boxes are a combination of a shape (I used color instead of paper) and a ribbon frame embellishment.


This is just one page, but you can use the same technique to create an entire album.  You can also pick from templates provided.  This product is so easy to use, play around with it and you will fall in love just like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis