The binder itself was not sturdy enough and I was finding that it would be very helpful if I had pockets in the binder somewhere.
I also felt that maybe my form of organization was contributing to my lack of savings on our grocery bill. So I did some research. I found that I was organizing like many of the couponers out there. I found a few places I could tweek, but for the most part it was the like others.
But I needed to update my binder.
I recycled a binder that I was no longer using. It had pockets in the front and back and a sturdy cover.
I put the dividers in the binder.
I made a list of the different categories.
I cut out a bunch of divider labels and wrote the categories on the pieces of cardstock.
I divided the categories as needed. This means that this section is for "Drinks" - the first page is water, 2nd page juice and you can read, but you get the idea. I then removed all the previous tabs.
I have used it a few times since I made it and I like it better than what I was using before. I have found a few places where I still need to tweek - like a table of contents listing the categories in order. Especially since I am using multiple stores.