Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: Bible Learning Cards

Words 2 Remember 4 Kids has created a great product called Bible Learning Cards.


These cards are flashcards to help your child learn scripture. They have an engaging picture on the front. The top portion is color coded for the different topics: Grow, Play, Learn, and Love. Next to the topic is the scripture for that card. On the reverse there is a cropped version of the front picture with the scripture above and discussion starters on the bottom.



When I first opened Bible Learning Cards Little Miss was not around. So I scanned through them and honestly thought this might be too hard for her.

I then showed her that I had something for her. She was very intrigued. I told her that these cards will help her learn parts of the bible and things about Jesus. Her eyes got huge. She loves Jesus, and I love that about her.

Before I showed them to her I did pick out a few that I thought would be best for her. They were shorter and they were based on things we are dealing with right now.

Psalm 56:3 is one of them. "When I am afraid I put my trust in you."

I showed her the card and read it to her. I had her repeat it to me. We did this a 3-5 times. Then I showed her another. The first time we looked at them we looked at 2 cards and read them a few times. She knew them for that day, but would they stick?

Honestly, I was expecting to have to go over them several days before she knew them. The next day I showed her the card, and asked, "Do you remember what this card means? It is Psalm 56:3." "When I am scared I will trust you." "Great job! You are so close the exact words are, "When I am afraid I put my trust in you." What about this one. It is Psalm 28:7.  "The Lord is my strength and my shield." "Perfect! You should show Daddy what you have been doing."

A few days later she asks to play with the cards. I am leaving at the time but I hear her say, "Daddy I learned this. "The Lord is my strength and my shield." Then asks, "Can you tell me what this one is?"
When I got home later she says, "Mommy the monkey one is, "Do everything without grumbling or arguing."

So the cards work. She is 5. I have not sat down with either of them and said, "Let's learn this." They want to play with them. They want to know what the pictures mean. My three year old knows as many of the cards that my 5 year old does.  (Which is in 2 weeks of using them is 3 of the 20 solidly, and 4 or 5 others giving her the first word or two.)

I have never been one to memorize scripture and I am learning it right along with them.

Check out this short video for some more information.

 

As you saw these cards come for kids 1 to 13, in 3 different sets. Each set is $14.99 and honestly, worth every penny.

You can get your sets at http://www.words2remember4kids.com/home.html

As part of Christian Women Affiliates I was given the preschool set to review. The opinions are 100% our own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis