Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Forgotten Motto

I have forgotten my motto over that last few weeks. I have let life live on and got swept up in the stress, crankiness, and down right moodiness. I feel like I have not laughed until I cried in ages. I felt like I have stopped loving everyone, including myself. That is not who I am. I live - I laugh - I love.

SO what happened that I go all swept up in life? I let all the distractions do what they will do -- distract. I let family members take me away from what I need to do. I have let the decisions of others affect my happiness. I stopped reading- things that keep me focused. I stopped listening - to praise and worship, educational materials, even enjoyable music. I started listening to the negative trash that people eagerly flow from mouths of people I know and people that I don't. I let topics become conversations that shouldn't.




What can I do???

I can start again. Start reading - things that help me grow. Grow as a woman, a Christian, a business owner, a wife. I can refocus. Refocus by simply moving my work area to a place where I can concentrate. I need to take time. Time for what I need to do, what I want to do, take time for me and take time for my Lord.

People think that I work all the time. I do. I am a busy woman. I work a job with crazy hours. I own two businesses, I write and I scrapbook. That is a busy life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have goals. I need to make my goals happen. Sitting back and letting the world take me where it will is not the answer.

People may think that I don't have my priorities in the right place. That just means that you have not really looked at my life. What I do is rewarding and rejuvenating. I go to bed at night knowing that I did everything I could that day for me and my family. Yes I work for someone else, but I do that because I choose to.

I lost my focus. Now that I realized that all I need to do is manage my time and get what I need to get done during the day. That is the easy part.

LiveLaughLove

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about your job(s). I'd love more details! Email me if you want! You are such a great writer, I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara

    I think we all experience this at some time or another but looks like you are on the right track. It is definitely important to be still sometimes.

    Speak soon!

    Julieanne

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis