Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ahhh ...

Today was one of those days where you just want to put the baby to bed and start over.  Everything was going fine until 4pm.  Kaitlyn decided she was done napping and was going to be a royal pain the rest of the evening.  It had been snowing all day so I was a little fearful that Keith was going to come home and say the hated words, "You are not going anywhere!"  Tuesdays and Thursdays are Me Time at the gym.  Keith takes care of all the home stuff.

Keith gets home from work and crab bucket smiles and gets all happy.  I am thankful that her daddy has that effect on her.  (I guess it stayed for most of the evening.)  Keith looks at me and asks two questions - what smells so good? and -are you going to the gym tonight?  My responses, dinner and I hope so.  He then says what I wanted to hear.  "The roads are fine, just be careful."  The dinner that smelled so good - Keith hated (it had too much broccoli in it for him)  Kaitlyn wanted seconds and even ate the broccoli.  I am going to have to start hiding vegetables to get her to eat them.  I wasn't crazy about it, too much meat for me.  It will take some doctoring, but it was a super fast dinner (mostly made in the microwave) and pretty healthy.

Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes
1/2 pound ground chicken
1/2 pound ground turkey - we don't use beef anymore.
4 medium potatoes
1 cup broccoli chopped up
1 cup water
1/2 sour cream
1 cup cheese (we used half mozzarella and half cheddar)
  • Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes in the microwave
  • While those are cooking brown the meat and cook the broccoli
  • Cut the top 1/3 off the potato and scoop out the flesh of the potato
  • Put the potato flesh, meat, half the cheese, broccoli in a bowl and mash it all together.  
  • Fill the potatoes and top with the rest of the cheese 
  • Microwave for 4 minutes.
After dinner I head off to the gym.  Much needed Me-Time.  Tonight was 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer - I pushed it, I usually go at resistance 4 .. I warmed up at 4 and finished out at 6!  Then I hit the spinning bike for 25 minutes.  Over 600 calories burned (all of dinner plus!) 

I walk in the door to a sigh "She just got down" (25 minutes past bedtime)  We sat here on the couch for an hour looking at house, seriously looking.  I don't know what was better for me - the fact that I got to decompress at the gym or that I sat here for an hour with my husband my leg over his and his hand on my knee looking for our new home.  I think I needed both.  I guess our "elevated conversation" made both of us pay better attention.

As we were finishing up my sister sent me some Facebook messages that I shared with him and we laughed.  Now I will share Keith's new favorite song with you.  **Disclaimer - This is not a family friendly song - I do not recommend you watching this video around your children -- it's not vulgar, it's just not appropriate.  **

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis