Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dear Readers -

I know you are out there.  I have over 200 followers and I am sure at lease a few of you are like me and try to read the blogs you follow.  So I am posing a question to you.

But first, the a little back story:

I have always loved to read.  Keith and I started an Amway Business in 2003 and my reading went from fiction to self help/business/relationship building - I was saved in 2006 so I also started reading strengthen your faith books.  It was all I was reading for many years.

Well, fast forward - we are no longer have an Amway Business and probably never will (the same we did then).  I am still reading relationship/business/faith books.  Now I have read a few different ones since 2008.  I have read a few memoirs and two fictional books.  The rest have been the same.  So much so I have really not read all that much over the last 2 years.  (Maybe 7 total books)

So here is my question - I am looking for some fiction or memoirs to read.   So this is what I did, I went to Amazon.com and looked up one of the books I read recently, scrolled down to "People also bought" section and looked at some titles.   These are the ones that caught my eye and asked my husband for (my birthday is next week).  

Confessions of a Shopaholic (book and/or DVD)
Twenties Girl: a novel by Sophie Kinsella
Cocktails for Three Madeleine Wickham
When in Rome...A Novel of Pizzas and Passion Gemma Townley
One Fifth Avenue Candace Bushnell
How to Bake a Perfect Life: a novel Barbara O'Neal
The Overnight Socialite: Birdie Clark

I would like some suggestions though.  Recommend away!  Thanks in advanced!  -- I am currently reading "The Undomestic Goddess" Sophie Kinsella and will probably be done with it next week.

Unknown fact about Sara - I really don't like reading books on computer screens so please only recommend books I can hold in my hands.  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I find Nooks and Kindles to be heartless...I hate them and hope I'm never eating my words by owning one...
    have you read Jen Lancasters books...hilarious memoirs...her blog is jennsylvania.com too if you want an idea of her writing style..very, um, crass..I love it...
    some of my faves are The Poisonwood Bible, The Red Tent, Cane River...for fluff I love Marian Keyes, Jane Green, Jennifer Wiener, oh I could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading The Cailiffs of Baghdad, GA and adored it.

    Honestly, I can't remember most of the things I've read in the last few years. But, I did read the Sophie Kinsella books and they were great. Meg Cabot is another chick lit author you should check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you know but if you like sophie kinsella you'll love madeleline wickham as well! Since... well, they are the same author! :) Emily Giffin writes a good set of books... "something borrowed" etc... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis