Bear's Mom's blog is about life as a Mommy. I really like her wordless Wednesday pics. Recently they went to the San Diego Zoo and posted some great pics.
I started this Monday night, but will be finishing it Tuesday.
To accept this award the recipients are asked to do a few things.
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award
- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
- I have been in a funk lately. Well my funk has a name. Before it had a name I didn't know what was going on. I was exhausted all the time. I was just feeling off. My patience was really low. I didn't know what was going on. Until two Sunday's ago I got sick eating a super bland breakfast. I knew what that sick feeling was. I went to the store to get a test, came home, took it and .... +, OH BOY! in less than 9 months there will be another little Hickman. :) Yes, we are expecting baby number 2, tentatively due 10/25/2011.
- This is a huge surprise for us. I have PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome - I had to use fertility drugs to have little one number 1. Those sorts of treatments remove all romance from the act of getting pregnant. We were not exactly trying, but we were not preventing. So when I missed 1, then 2 periods I was not concerned, that is not exactly weird for me. God has blessed us amazingly this past week.
- I have been a WWE wrestling fan since I was little. I have not watched in 3-4 years. Most of my favorites are now retired. I turned it on tonight because one of my faves was listed to be on. (Still on in background actually) Turned it on during the commercials of Dancing with the Stars. Turned it on just in time to see my all time favorite! Not listed to be on the show tonight!
- Another blessing this past week - we were approved for a townhouse in the area of town where we want to live and we start moving on Thursday. My organizing skills are going to be put to the test. What am I looking forward to most about my new kitchen? The PANTRY! Oh it's amazing. Full closet with shelves! This is even over the top of the fact that I am also going to have brand new stainless steel appliances.
- I enjoy reading and I have already passed this onto my daughter. So much so that we have a soft book area right in front of her book shelves. Yes, that is shelves. She has 2 full shelves of a small 3 shelve case and that is just her downstairs books. The mama book I am currently reading a book called "The Other Side of the Story" I am having a hard time getting into it. It is definitely not a Sophia Kinsella, but it is still enjoyable. I have not given up on it yet. Maybe I need to take some time to read it when I am not already falling asleep.
- I have spent time over the last week sorting through things - I am donating half my purses, 1/4 of my clothes, even a pair of shoes - I should really get rid of more, but I just can't. I love them too much. And they get much more use than my purses. (2 years ago I got a GREAT deal - I am not being dramatic, this was an amazing deal $108 purse for $13including tax - on a designer purse and have not used a different purse since.)
- There are parts of my job that I don't like, but I do anyway. There are times that I need to be more business and less customer service. It's hard when you are the entertainer/creator/marketer/and collections department. The summers are really busy for us and this summer is shaping up to be just that!
As for the other stylish bloggers -
The Blog of Cupcake
Stylish for layout and the fact that she loves SHOES!
Hipsters Guide to Road Tripping
Stylish for fun fonts, great pictures and tips on how to meet your favorite rock stars! (A little bias, she is my sister!)
Beautifully Bella Faith
Stylish because her layout is super cute! Easy to read and follow.
Stylish because she speaks it like it is!
365 Days of Mom
Stylish for the visual appeal of her blog. Such an easy read.
Our Breezy Beach Life
Stylish because I just love the distressed look of her blog.
Stylish for the ease of reading. Latest post is about gardening in a small area - something I have been thinking about doing at our new place.
One + One = Four
Stylish for layout and great tips on baby food. - There is a picky eater developing in our house.
Stylish because of her unwavering love of God.
The Busy Woman's Guide to Surviving Motherhood
Stylish for reading ease and great tips.