Friday, May 25, 2012

Eggless - Butterless - Oilless and DELISH!


So I wanted cake.  Ladies, you understand ... sometimes you just want cake.  I have no cake mix.  I have no butter.  What is a woman to do?  Going to the store is out of the question.

I pull up swagbucks and search 'cake recipe without butter'.  A recipe is found and I am stoked.  It doesn't use eggs either.  Then one of the notes said, "I used yogurt instead of the oil."  I just had to try this.  Plus I wanted to use my new bundt pan.

It was so good, and so easy!  Next time I am going to use chocolate protein powder instead of cocoa.  I might even use pumpkin instead of the oil.  I am also going to try this just using vanilla - maybe vanilla protein powder.

Here is the recipe. (and a link to where I found it)  Sorry I don't have any of the nutritional facts.

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cup cocoa

1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons of vinegar
2/3 cup of oil
2 cups water

1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Add liquids and mix well.
3. Bake at 350 the recipe for 1 hour 15 minutes.

I might try adding more baking soda and vinegar to give it some more air in the cake.  This is a very heavy, moist, dense cake.  Also, it only took about 55 minutes in my oven.  So keep a close eye on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis