I found these (pinned through my sister - shout out to Hipster's Guide to Road-Tripping)
|The site for this pin is not working - if it is yours please email me and I will link to your site.|
SO ... That seemed super easy, and I could adapt it.
Here is what I did.
1. We made Hand-Print Mums: Make a fist and paint the pinkie side of your fist green. Using your finger prints make all the flowers. Make them all over the place! Mum plants have tons of blossoms.
2. Take funny picture of your family making the mums. - Get everyone involved. Yes, I even had the baby get in on the action.
3. Go buy the following: Modge Podge (craft store) Tiles (home improvement store). If you need it foam paint brush. If you want to recreate what I made you will also need a really, really strong glue and a bamboo placemat.
4. Cut some art work and the mums to fit on each tile.
5. Slick some Modge Podge onto the tile and lay the paper over it. Hold it in place. Repeat for all tiles.
6. Let dry for 30 minutes and cover with another coat of Modge Podge.
7. Let dry for 30 minutes.
8. Cut a piece of cardboard just smaller than your placemat and glue onto the placemat.
9. Glue the tile to the other side of the placemat and let dry for 24 hours.
Last two pictures - Picture one for Nana - 8 4 inch tiles. Mums in the middle, and random paintings on the sides. Picture two for Sister-in-law 6 3x6 tiles. One handprint Mum painting but positioned in different ways to give a different look. If you want to make coasters, just glue felt on the bottom of the tile.
PS - This was so easy! I will be making more of them! I want my own hotplate.
PSS - Funny things happen when we let Hickman #1 get involved. Hickman #3 (Kaitlyn) was mesmerized by him looking like a kitty cat.
Do we have to wonder where Hickman #4 get's his amazing blue eyes from?