Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: Mom Connection

Would it be an understatement to say ...

God knows what you need, right when you need it.

Of course this is the truth because God knows everything and things are on God's timing no matter how much we would like them to be on our timing.

Where am I going with all of this?  I have been looking at Proverbs 31, writing about how it applies to the modern mom - potentially an e-book, maybe a blog series - not really sure, but I digress.  Part of Proverbs 31 is that "The Biblical Super Mom"  - as I call her - had godly relationships.  That right there, Godly relationships - that is what I am/was missing.

Because of the ebb and flow of life groups of friends would just seem to disappear.  Graduation, relocation, jobs, businesses, softball teams - Along the way a friend would stick here and there.  However, I was too a point where most of my adult conversations were happening via text, email or Facebook/Twitter chats.  I was craving a group of girl friends who loved the God that I love, knew the difficulties of planning around multiple lives, but still wanted to connect. 

How was I going to do this?  Plus, with some changes with my business I was really struggling with what God wanted me to be doing.  (more of that story here)

One day while on Facebook I see this "If you would like to review our newest book "Mom Connection" email me."  This was a status on the MOPS page.  It took me all of a nanosecond to send that email. 

Within a week there on my foyer floor sat an envelope with Mom Connection by Tracey Bianchi.  I ripped that puppy open so fast you could have seen smoke!  Let's just say I was a little excited, and my excitement didn't end there.

This book is exactly what I need at this season in my life.
"...we absolutely must create our own distinct rhythm.  For to try to sidle up under another person's hoop messes with your own groove." p152
I have been off my game for 7 to 8 months now.  It is time to get my groove back.  This book is helping me get back in the game.
 
Tracey gives you practical tips you can apply right now, wisdom from all the relationships she has developed, ideas on how to pray and journal about this - she even gives you resources to learn more!  Pour yourself a coffee and sit at the table while you read this ... why?  Because that is exactly what it feels like, sitting down connecting with a friend over a cup of coffee. 

This book is written in such a way that any mom is going to relate at some point throughout the journey from front cover to back.  If you are like me this read will stir tips, tricks and ideas of ways that you can connect with all of your mom friends - digital and IRL (in real life).

You need to read this book.  Here click this wonderful Amazon link and go get it.  You will not be disappointed.  





Just to make sure it is known, I was given a copy of Mom Connection to review. I have not received any other compensation for this post and these opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis