Ten things to teach our kids about playground safety.
- Never push or roughhouse on playground equipment.
- Stay a safe distance from slides and swings. (The BIG one we
are working on right now - as Little Miss almost got kicked in the head
by a swinger with 2, yes 2, walking casts on his feet! Thank you
Jonathan for grabbing her!)
- Use equipment properly, go down slides feet first and no standing on swings.
- Leave bikes, backpacks, scooters and other things to the side. It will help no one trip.
- Take off your bike helmet while you are playing.
- Only play on dry equipment. Wet equipment is slippery.
- Check to make sure the equipment is not too hot.
- Do not wear clothes with cords and drawstrings. Take off necklaces and purses, they can get caught and accidentally strangle children.
- Wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days.
- Always watch for others before going down a slide and only go down one at a time.