Monday, July 30, 2012

Make it Happen Monday {goals}

Recently read several posts about living intentionally and setting goals.  Without going into everything that lead up to this.  I have decided life is going to be more intentional.

I determined where my priorities are.  I picked:  Wife, Homemaker, Mommy, Personal, Faith, Blogger, Writer, Friend, Family, House and Finances.

Since I have always had a hard time setting goals, keeping them, and accomplishing them I thought adjusting every 6 months would be a great place to start.  I set up some bigger goals and then made some smaller goals to reach these bigger goals by the end of the year.

I have also decided that I need some sort of accountability so I am going to blog my weekly goals on Mondays and share the previous week's progress.  I am also going to extend myself grace when I miss the mark.  I am an overachiever and have perfectionist tendencies.  This means I sometimes set unrealistic goals.  I also need to remember I am a mom of 2 under 3.  Life is going to happen.

I figured who else to help keep me accountable than you.  My lovely bloggy friends.

Here we go!

Wife:
7 days of post its - specific things that I love about Keith
After Bed Date Friday - Olympic theme, little games, and snacks.
Make his lunch twice this week.
Make sure he has paired socks to get him through the week.  {this really does make or break his day}

Homemaker:
Follow my cleaning schedule.
Eat dinner at home Monday through Friday
Create Meal Plan for August

Mommy:
Begin our reward chart.
Be strong on keeping consequences {DVD's were taken away this week}
Play more between 9 and 11.

Personal:
No more than 36 ounces of pop this week.
3 nights elliptical, 2 nights walking (minimum 2 miles) - weights and abs each night at gym
Reading Plan {outside of review books}
Lotion daily and self pedi

Faith:
Turn off TV after Doc and journal 15 minutes.
Pray throughout the day - out loud.  When someone crosses my mind or a worry, or I feel the nudge - speak it!
Listen to 1 book from the bible on Bible Gateway this week.

Blogger:
Intentionally work my marketing and content plan.

Writer:
Finish the how to's of the upcoming eBook.

Friend:
Thank you notes to the friends that attended Hope Springs Party.
Email 3 friends I have not talked to in over 3 weeks.
Schedule parties for the rest of the year.  Once a month get together.
Schedule August playdates.

Family:
Newsletter about upcoming events {birthdays, gift ideas, sizes}
Plan and schedule big events for the rest of the year.
Plan a fun family day with a free event for us four.

House/Finances:
Reset our budget to reach our goals and get it in writing.
Grocery Plan and Budget.

That seems like a really, really long list.  But it also seems totally accomplishable.  Sure I am running behind on things already this morning, but that is the rolling with the punches part.  I will update on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis