Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Terrible Twosday: Zero Tolerance

Well it is here again, and I will let you in on a secret.  I am actually getting to write this early, so it was nice and ready to post today.


We have learned that little miss likes to test her boundaries.  What do we say she can't do, but let her do anyway?   How many times do we say no before we give in?  What are major offences that will not be tolerated?  Or will they be tolerated if I do it this way?

Major offence - pushing

I have a zero tolerance policy on pushing.  If I see it, or hear her do it.  It is an immediate time-out.

Major offence - biting

She has yet to do more than scrap teeth on skin, or legs and in most cases I think she is playing.  Still, even if she is play biting - I feel teeth of any kind and it is an immediate time out.  This one is hard for her because her brother bites all the time, he is teething and he is told to not bite.  So that is a hard one for her.

Major offence - screaming

This one still gets a warning, but 2nd offense is immediate time-out.

It seems that the zero tolerance policy is working.  It hasn't stopped the behavior completely, yet.  However, when she gets a time out for it - it has been stopping it for most of that day.

Now if we could just get going #2 in the potty to work better.

Share your Terrible Two's stories with me.  I can't be the only one going through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis