Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Woman's World Wednesday - PCOS


This is something that I don't talk about much - I have PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome).  I don't really like labels and I don't want to have to explain things to people - mainly people close to me that just don't get it.  This syndrome is way more common than you might think.  In my group of friends there are 5 women with it.

It has a huge range of how it can affect you and your life.  For me - infertility, but yes I have two wonderful blessings, abnormal hair growth, irregular menstrual cycle, adult acne, weight issues.

Without prayer, faith and God creating scientists, my little blessings would not be here.  I am blessed that the medications worked for me (with Kaitlyn) and they might have kept me "normal" for 2 ish years and that is why we were blessed with Alex.  I truly believe Alex was the result of prayer.  I prayed and prayed that I wanted a baby without needing medical intervention to conceive.

I know that not everyone is this lucky.  And I truly feel blessed to have them.

Well, after Alex was born I had a cycle around 6 weeks and things were pretty much normal.  Until February.  That was my last cycle, until this week.  When the cycle hits, they are always so heavy.  I am so tired because the flow is just that heavy.  The emotions that come with it - ugh, I am so crabby, every little thing gets to me.

It does not help that I am exhausted from the little ones.

So I am choosing to look at this syndrome positively.  I am blessed to have normal insulin levels so my weight issues are probably not necessarily related, except that it makes me gain easier.  Sure, I will never be able to monthly say, okay we are not expecting another baby.  But, I also do not have to put up with the emotional roller coaster of this cycle monthly.  I don't think I could do it. 


I even said to Keith last night, "Aren't you glad we don't have to deal with this monthly?  Cause man, this would suck!  I hate being this b****y."  He wholeheartedly agreed.  I wonder if it wouldn't be so bad, maybe this is 6 months of stored up stuff.  Hmmm... 


Non- PCOS how do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis