Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Friday Night {ABD}

{ABD} = After Bed Date

An {ABD} is an at home date that happens in the few hours we have on Friday or Saturday nights after the kids go to bed.  Why do we choose to {ABD}?

1. Our kids will not sleep anywhere except at home.
2. We are choosing to not spend money on dates because we are saving for a house.  This is one of the things we are putting on the back burner.
3. We get to be really creative.

Recently I hosted a Ladies Night with Hope Springs and House Party.  The ladies at my party brainstormed about fun dates that are frugal and can happen without much planning.  One of the ideas we found.


Indoor S'mores.  
Then I find out that Hubs doesn't like s'mores, but he does like the pieces.  


I only have scented candles and was so afraid the marshmallow would taste like the scent.  It didn't.


Since this date happened during the Summer Olympics and we have been watching them pretty much nightly I figured it would be an Olympics date.  


I came up with some "Olympic events" to play during the commercials.
Here we are to knock over the flags on one bounce. 



Here we are supposed to bounce the ball off the step and into the bucket.  

We had so much fun.  
Hubs: "This was so much fun.  I can always count on you to come up with something creative."  
One of my favorite compliments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis