In 5 days Hubs and I will have been married for 5 years! So for the first Matrimony Monday I bring you ...
5 things all new wives should know.
1. Never expect your husband to read your mind. It won't happen. You will be frustrated, he will be frustrated and who wants to live in frustration? How do you combat this? Use your words.
2. Don't speak in umbrella statements or hints. If you need your husband to do something differently be clear about what you need. Related - remember your time and your husband's time are not the same thing. When I say to hubs - can you do the dishes today? To him that means at some point before bed. For me that means start it within in the next 30 minutes. I need to remember if he says he is going to do it, he will. If I need him to do something quickly I tell him when I need it done by.
3. Even when you do your best, you will not cook things the way his mom did, even if he tells you exactly what she did. - I still cannot make Macaroni and Cheese right.
4. Holidays do not have to be stressful. You and your husband are a family now, be sure to start your own traditions.
5. Five years are going to go faster than you think. You will love him more at 5 years than you did when you said I do. The infatuation of getting married will have faded and you will have chosen to love.
I have chosen to love my husband. There have been times in anger I have threatened to leave - before and after we had kids. Seeing that I have made the choice to love my husband in the good and the bad, I have since apologized to him for threatening that. He is a great husband and father. I would never leave him. I would not want to do this without him.
I am so happy that he choose me.
Now onto the Nurture My Marriage Prize Pack .... LOOK AT ALL THIS LOOT!
The Nurture My Marriage giveaway prizes.
Eeek! I wish I could win some of this loot!
Enter via the raffle-copter below. The first six entries are mandatory, if you do not complete all six, you will not be qualified. Enter as many ways as you like and good luck!
Don't forget to link up your marriage post below as well!a Rafflecopter giveaway