Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{Review} Prayer Never Fails by Berney Dorton

Welcome to another installment of Tell Me About it Tuesday.  Today's review:  Prayer Never Fails by Berney Dorton.


This book was difficult for me to get into.  It was pretty choppy in the beginning, but as the book went along the flow got better.  I am not sure what I was expecting with this book.  This book is written like a memoir, and for some reason that threw me.  It also took me 7 chapters to realize that she ends each chapter with a lengthy prayer about the chapter. 

Prayer Never Fails used real life situations, heartache and triumphs in an attempt to illustrate the importance of an intimate relationship with God.  That relationship is developed through prayer.  Dorton's desire was to encourage people to pray consistently to receive God's blessing.  She illustrated this point with her life stories.  Dorton seemed to exemplify "pray without ceasing"

Would I recommend this book to a friend?  Yes, but it would have to be a friend who was at least as far as I am on my faith walk.  This is not a book those who have not accepted Christ as their Savior.  I would recommend this book for anyone who is part of  prayer group.

You can connect with Berney Dorton:
Her website
Twitter
Facebook

You can purchase her book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis