Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{almost} Wordless Wednesday - I Can't Fly

During preschool time we created some New Creation Butterflies.  After we had made the butterflies.  Little Miss took one and wrapped the antenna around a doll and made the doll fly.  She then told me she needed some wings.

I explained to her that we didn’t have any wings in the dress-up clothes.  This was not acceptable.  I was told that I had to go to Target and buy her some.  I explained that we could not just go to Target and get some wings.  I asked her if I could try and make some.  She was okay with this so, I took two pieces of construction paper and fashioned some wings.

Once I put them on her she then proceeded to tell me that they didn’t work.  I tried to explain to her that even the wings from Target wouldn’t make her fly.  She proceeded to tell me how Dora can fly, and Izzy can fly, and Tinkerbell can fly.  I tried to explain that these are cartoons and anything can happen in cartoons.  Through the sobs she told me she just needed some pixie dust.

How do you explain this to a 3 year old?

Thank God it was a nice enough day.  I look at her and get a really excited look on my face.  “Do you want to try those PRETEND wings OUTSIDE?!?”

Praises to the Lord, mood changer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis