Monday, April 8, 2013

I think it was a hit.


Growing up in Wisconsin we always had hats, mittens, winter coats, snow pants and boots … the works!  Playing in the snow was the highlight of the winter.  We would ask to go to Grandma and Grandpa’s more.  Yes, it was because the park behind their house had THE BEST SLEDDING HILL EVER.  

Well, winters in southwestern Ohio are much different than winters in Wisconsin.  Last year we never needed more than a slightly warm jacket.  This year it was looking like it was going to be more of the same.  It was a little colder, but would it really warrant the purchase of all the snow gear?

Then we were hit.  Sure it was March, but we got a snow storm.  I was not going to try and find snow gear at this point.  So I did the next best, maybe even better thing.  I brought the snow inside!

Not one time do I remember my mom bringing the snow inside!

It was a great sensory experience for both of them.  They got to play with toys in the snow that would not go outside.

Little Miss wanted to wear her gloves.


Little Mister wouldn’t let me get near him with them - or socks for that matter.



I got the idea from Exceptionalistic.  They made super cute snowmen.

Another friend put the snow in the tub and let her kids play in there with it.  They colored it with food coloring and melted the snow with water.  Another fun idea.

It was a huge hit and meltdown happened when it was time to put it away.  The meltdown led to Mama trying something else.
Look at the face.  I think it was a hit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis