Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review: Spiritually Stronger in 40 Days


When I saw Spiritually Stronger in 40 Days by Serge Roux-Levrat.  I knew this was one I needed to read.

If you have been around the blog at all you know we are going through a rather rough season.  If you haven’t here is the nutshell version - November 2011, baby boy is born.  December 2011, Hubs job “could be gone at anytime” (the second time this happened with the company) he finds something that promises to be better.  Fast forward to present day we still don’t have a job that covers expenses and pretty much lost everything.

Needless to say, I am ready for this season to be over.  We have been working through the book of Nehemiah with our Church.  We have been learning how to build our spiritual house.  We are taking a class together to help us rediscover the hope that our faith brings.  So with all of this going on I figured, this book would be a great one to add to the mix.

Now I didn't take the time to do all the homework that goes along with each day.  In fact, I read several days at one time.  Why you ask?  I wanted to make sure this was some thing I would be able to stick with.  I also wanted to see if this was something that Hubs and I could do together.  I am sure that it is.

What sort of things will you need to do over the 40 days that you are making your spiritual life stronger?  Seemly easy things like create a bucket list and review it regularly.  To much more difficult things like make a list of all the wrongs done to you and forgive the person.  To other things like cast your worries and declare promises.

If you were to ask me directly, “Does this book really work?”  To be honest, I don’t know I haven’t applied it yet.

This is what I can say about Spiritually Stronger in 40 Days:

  • There is significance in the number 40 (and I like that he gives us tons of reasons why 40 is significant).
  • Each day is easy to read and won’t take more than 15 minutes (and I am a slow reader).
  • The homework seems do-able and I am sure it will stretch me. 


I am looking forward to becoming Spiritually Stronger and I am sure that this book will help me along the way.

Interested?  Connect with Serge:

SRL Ministries 
On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis