Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tell Me About it Tuessday: On a Quest for Christ by Lisa Are Wulf Review

Get it here
On a Quest for Christ by Lisa Are Wulf is part devotional part bible study, all a guided self reflective journey.

Why did I pick this to review?  I was at a point in my life where I was ready to throw in the towel.  At this point in my life I had said, “Why did I even start believing again?  Life was better before I ever gave my life to Jesus.”  Yeah, I was at a pretty low point.  I found myself asking “Where are you?”  all the time.

The idea of On a Quest for Christ is to read a chapter (super short, maybe a page or two at most) that day and answer the questions with the chapter.  In each chapter you will see parts of Lisa Are Wulf’s story.  As well as have space to write your own prayer for that topic.

I had a hard time really getting into this.  Many of the questions in the beginning I was having a hard time with.  Mostly because I don’t know a time when I didn’t believe.  I don’t know a time that I had a “Spiritual Awakening”.  I always believed and I always questioned.  I never had any answers.  As I worked through the book I reflected on things like “belonging” and being judgmental toward others.

Honestly, I think I had a hard time with this book because I never have really sat down and thought about why I do what I do or have done.  I just go, go, go and I don’t really reflect.  Through working through this book I have found that I do need to get introspective from time to time.

Is this book for you?  Yes.  Even if you are someone who has known all along you believe.  Even if you are someone who grew up in a household that knew and loved Jesus.  Even if you are just coming to Christ.  Why is this book for you?  It will strengthen and solidify YOUR faith.  It is a personal journey that is good for all of us.

You can get it here.

Want to connect with Lisa Are Wulf?
Here is her website
Go here to connect on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis