Tuesday, May 20, 2014

9 Traits of a Life Giving Mom by Sue Detweiler {Tell Me About It Tuesday}

Wowsas!  It has been a long time since I have reviewed a book.  I thought I would jump back in.  Today's pick from Christian Women Affiliates: "9 Traits of a Life Giving Mom" by Sue Detweiler.


First off, I want you to watch this.  Then I will tell you why all moms - even if you think you are a professional and got this thing down - need to read this book.

When I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said two things, "a mom and a teacher."  To be honest - I am both of those things.  As a teacher, it is WAY different than I ever anticipated, but I love it.  As a mom, I feel like I am failing at it daily.  My mean mommy makes an appearance way, way too often.  Don't even get me started on our trip back from visiting my mom - mean mommy was in the driver's seat.  
I picked "9 Traits of a Life Giving Mom" to review because quite frankly, I want to be a better mom.  I want to yell less.  I want to remain calm and peaceful.  I want frustrations to remain in check.  When I get frustrated I don't want it to stay with me all day.  I want my first response to be love, not whatever it has been lately.  Fill in your reasons - I am sure there are places in the dark areas that you don't let people see you want to be better.
So I start reading ... Replace Anger with Love - wisdom, tip, nugget, scripture, prayers -- all great stuff.  I keep going.  Replace Sadness with Joy - I swear our pastor read this chapter before he preached the Sunday before.  I keep going.  Replace Anxiety with Peace - more wisdom, more tips, more scripture, more great stuff.  
Then I read the title of the next chapter.  Replace My Frustration with God's Patience.  Let's be honest - here is my chapter.  If this wasn't an e-book this chapter would be completely highlighted! So look at this pile of tips, wisdom, words to live by ... 
Then I read this.  
Sue used the Amplified Bible version where "opposes" also means "frustrates."  Could my frustrations really come from pride?  This one just stuck with me. 
 
I kept reading, Replace my negativity with kindness, Replace manipulation with goodness, Replace fear with faithfulness, Replace pride with gentleness, Replace self-indulgence with self-control.
This would be a great book if it stopped right there.  Then there is the study guide.  Each trait has a lesson and with each lesson there is a story of a mom learning to be a life-giving mom.  There are questions to help us along the way.  
Now that I have you ready to drop everything you are reading and pick up "9 Traits of a Life-Giving Mom" by Sue Detweiler where can you get it?
On Amazon of course!  Soft Cover or Kindle! 
   
Want to know more or connect with Sue directly?  
Her website is here: SueDetweiler.com
Connect Socially: 
Facebook
Twitter
Google +
Linked In
You Tube
Still need more reasons to get this book?  Check out what other reviewers are saying here.

I am linking up with What are you Reading Monday over at BookJourney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis