Things I start planning:
- Budget and Savings
- New things to add to our festivities
- Projects I need to get done by Christmas
- Birthday Parties
- Trips to visit relatives
- Mark the Calendars for all the events
Why do I start planning so early? So I don't forget things - like the kids letters from Santa (yep totally forgot to do them last year).
I have been doing these for the kids since they were born. I haven't been doing baby books, but I have been doing these letters. And who knows it might turn into a scrapbook down the road. It helps keep all those important things remembered. You know first words, when the first potty was. The first naughty word that was said -- July 10, 2014 by big one. And the funny story that goes with it. So those need to get started. I will even write last years and put it with their others. These letters come from Santa and although last year's won't have a post marked envelope it's okay.
So here is my list of planning needs:
- Family Vacation (long weekend on Labor Day)
- Dad's Birthday
- Mark Calendar for Brother-In-Law's birthday (find out if I am making the cake)
- Anniversary Date
- Day out with Thomas the Tank?
- 40th Birthday for Hubby
- Sister-In-Law's Birthday
- Pumpkin Farm Plans (Georgetown, Milford and Little Miss wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's!)
- Sister's Birthday
- Little Mr's Birthday
- North Pole Breakfast
- Advent Activities (including visiting Santa and the Christmas Concert at Church)
- Little Miss's Birthday
- Warner Family Christmas
- Brother's Birthday
- Nephew's Birthday
- Father In Law's Birthday
- Christmas Eve - Movie and PJ's
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
I am probably forgetting something but it's okay. I know it is anxiety provoking, BUT I LOVE IT!. And this is why I start planning in July! It is quite a list - and to think we put all of that into 4 months! Oh and this is just the family stuff not to mention all the stuff I have to get done for work.
Good thing I get to review this thing of beauty. That's your tease. You have to be here October 28 to see if it is working, not working ... if I love it or if I hate it ... and where you can buy it.
I know I am not the only one out there who starts planning early. Anyone want to share what you are up to this upcoming season?