Monday, June 15, 2009

Life has changed

Wow how life can change in the matter of a few months.

January we found out why we have been having problems conceiving our first child. We have come to find out I do not ovulate due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Because of this I was given Progestrin to get things going. This would bring on a cycle, but not an ovulation. And it did. Things were working the way they should have. The next month I was taking Chlomid this was to kick start my ovaries to produce an egg and a full cycle. I was so moody and irritable that month. Well, it didn't work. We did not get pregnant. So Keith and I sat down and took a serious look at our life. We had some decisions to make.

I was working crazy hours with my job. I would go into work at 7am work until 9am, go back in anywhere between 1 and 3 and work until 11pm. Pretty much Monday through Friday. It was taking a real toll on my physcially. We were also starting TOP SECRET SCIENCE. By the time we were making this decision we had decided that I would leave my job and soley work TOP SECRET SCIENCE. In February things were starting to fill up for the summer. We looked at our lives and figured we had so much going on we should really wait until the end of summer to start seriously trying to have kids.

Around this same time we found out that several of our friends were expecting as well. This also took a real toll on me, emotionally. Why did I have to have this stupid problem? Why couldn't I just get pregnant like all of my friends? I started praying. I had important people in my life praying for me too. Praying I would find peace in my situation, praying that we could get pregnant, just praying.

Well our prayers were answered. Unbeknown to us Chlomid has what is called a rebound effect. It can stimulated ovulation another month without taking the medication. This is what happened with us. We are expecting our first child in December.

Spring has been good to us this year. Life has really changed. Really in the matter of just a few months. I cannot wait to see what the next few months have to bring.



1 comment:

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis