Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Burning Calories While Working

So I have decided to make a few changes while I am working. Mainly after reading a great article. I found the article by Googling "how to burn extra calories."

1st thing is that although I thought water is water and it does not matter what temperature. I will stand corrected. Drink that water icy cold! You will burn 9.25 extra calories vs the room temperature variety. Since you are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, that is 74 extra calories! Bring on the ice! Let's do the math. Just that change, 8 glasses of ice water a day (and the glasses I drink it out of it's really like 3-4) in just over 6 weeks making no other changes that is a weight loss of 1 pound. So over the course of a year that would be 8 pounds. Just for drinking cold water. Not to mention all the other great benefits of water.

2nd thing is to fidget. Get your body moving! I don't mean jumping jacks in your cube, but if you are feeling it by all means go right ahead. I am talking about those almost mindless movements. The tapping of you feet, the stretching of your arms, the moving your head from side to side. Do it all the time! To help me move more and engage more muscles I will be switching from this my office chair. To this ...



My yoga ball. Not only do I move more while sitting on it. I am engaging my core to help keep my posture. A great idea if I do say so myself.

Here is a link to the article. I found it very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis