What do I say about my parents ...
Funny that today is this post. I spent the whole day thinking about my family. On December 19th (hopefully) we are celebrating Christmas with them. Today I was shopping with SIL and I was out shopping for them. I got some great things. I can't post much about it because the family reads the blog. They read, but never comment. They should comment.
How about I do it this way...
10 facts/memories about Mom
- My mom is young for women my age. She was 23(?) when she had me.
- She is a full-time RVer. That means her home is on wheels and can be in any city at any time.
- She grew up and lived in Wisconsin until 2007.
- She is the middle girl of 6 children.
- She is a mom, aunt, sister, grandma and friend.
- She used to drop me off at highschool everyday before she went to work.
- She was my supervisor at work on the weekends, people didn't like that. Don't worry treated all of us the same. (Seriously we all got in trouble at work - oh those were good times)
- Mom is a devoted mother. Even though we are all adults she still can't say no to us when we really need things.
- She might not know this, but I am thankful for the responsibilities I had when I was young.
- Mom is always on my side.
- Bonus - She is one of the strongest people I know. If I am half as strong as she is I will be just fine.
- Dad's first girlfriend ever was Mom. I love that. (They met through his best friend - who he is still friends with - and a case of beer.)
- Dad is the happiest I remember in YEARS now that he is a full-time RVer.
- I think Dad will write a book about his adventures full-time RVing
- Dad is still pretty young too. (Neither of my parents are 60)
- Dad is a jokester. It prepared me for the man I married.
- My earliest memory is of my dad. He was gardening, I was coloring.
- Dad picks out the best presents, especially when it comes to clothes. I know weird, but true.
- Dad loves to read. (I think it wore off on all of us. He used to read us stacks of books before bed nightly. There is a picture of me passed out in bed, dad reading and Bowser the black lab listening to the story - I think I was 5)
- Dad was very nervous about becoming a Grandpa, but he is great with Kaitlyn.
- My dad is a retired chef. He is a wealth of information when it comes to the kitchen. I use it often, while cooking, at the grocery store - I am thankful he knows how to use a cell phone. Even though he still prefers the ancient kind.
- Bonus - My dad is a survivor. He keeps on keeping on, even when things are their darkest. Something I hope I can do when I need it.