|Taken at Kaitlyn's Dedication|
This is probably a great place to start especially for my new followers.
Sara is the name, Work At Home Mom, is the game. hee hee. Great introduction at the top of the blog. I am a believer, wife, mother and business owner. In that order. (although it may not always seem like it)
- On my birthday I will be ... GASP ... 33.
- I have been with my husband 10 years, married for 3.
- Not many of my life plans have worked out the way that I intended.
- Since I was 4, I wanted to be a teacher. I didn't get an education degree from college because some jerk professor scared me off at the tender age of 17. I went back to school at 25 to get a second 4 year degree because some idiotic adviser said that was the only way to go. Got into the school systems through the one year of school and substitute teaching and found out about the dark side of education - the politics - and walked away. From what had been a dream for a long, long time.
- Started my own business that is educationally based at 30.
- Left corporate America (even just part time) at 30 years old.
- Hired my first temp. employee the first summer in business.
- I am the oldest of 3.
- My sister is becoming a great friend even though she is 6 1/2 years younger.
- I am almost 10 years older than my brother and it made me feel really, really old when he turned 20. (8 short weeks later I turned 30)
- My husband is my best friend - he makes me laugh when I am mad, he supports me through all my crazy plans, he loves me and our daughter more than anything, we are learning to compromise. We met through a job that I had after college. (Life plan that thankfully went a rye - plan was I was going to college to find my MRS.)
- Diet Pepsi is my drug of choice. If I am having a hard day give me a wine glass of Diet Pepsi and it makes everything seem a little bit better.
- I have a hard time sticking to things. When I was pregnant I had a plan to take a picture of Kaits every single day for her first year. Failed before she was even a month old. Trying to get better at this. I did complete November's Month of Thanks without cheating (writing a post on a different day than it was published). I plan to stick to December's challenge the same way. It will be tough, there is a lot going on.
- I was saved at a business conference for Amway Global. It was at a Spring Leadership in Louisville, KY. I am thankful we were a part of that business for 6 years even though it never amounted to what we hoped. (the whole not sticking with things and giving it our all.) Without Amway Global I would not know where I am going when I die, I would not have a relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I would not have found my church, reunited with past friends or made the new ones that I have, and I would not own Touch of Home Learning.
- I love our fourth Hickman, but I want another dog. A small one, I would like it to be black. Keith does not know this. He wants a lab mix. I would be okay with that too. I like little dogs.