Monday, August 29, 2011

Marvelous Monday

Hickman Number Four and I will still be
enjoying our wonderful outside naptime -
the joys of working at home with a laptop.
So I am back!  Monday Morning, with a decision made over the weekend.  This business of mine must be treated like a 9 to 5 (even if those are not my hours, the idea is an 8 hour working day) more than just a few months out of the year.  How am I supposed to really get this off the ground if I treat it as a part-time endeavor? This morning I got up at 7:30 - got a shower, dressed, I even did my hair and make-up! Now this is a feat for me seeing that my alarm clock is usually my daughter "Mama, Hi! Mama, Come Yer" and I was lucky to get the shower before noon!  [I also realize all of this will change again in just 10 and half short weeks!]

Anyway, so the decision was made.  I got up, got dressed as if I was going to work!  Now granted I am not wearing dress pants and a blouse, but I am also not in yoga pants and a teeshirt.  That can be my after dinner/weekend uniform.  I am in a shirt and jeans.  I work from home I could do all of this in my yoga pants, but I know myself and I am not productive during 9 to 5 hours when I am in yoga pants (although I am very productive in them during the hours of 7pm and 11pm - weird right).

This morning I have already linked up with 2 blog hops Measuring Flower Monday Mingle and Tough Cookie Mommy Monday Mingle.  I have also followed 5 new blogs, updated Twitter and Facebook in regards to what is going on with Touch of Home Learning today.  And I am just starting to hear the stretches coming from the baby monitor.  So much for the pre-wake up work!  Stay tuned for the afternoon update!

5 comments:

  1. New follower here from Monday Mingle so your joining worked. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry). I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials. I saw you mention you have facebook too but I do not see it on your blog. Please let me know what your facebook page is so I can return the like but do so in a comment on my blog so the facebook police do not get you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are going through the little ones usually wake up before my hubby leaves and today they were still fast asleep. I got my cup of orange juice and got set up to get to work and just as I booted up here they come looking for breakfast :)

    Thank you for linking up at Work Week blog hop. I am a new GFC follower and look forward to your afternoon update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't blame you for not wanting to get up to blog. Some mornings, I have to MAKE myself get into the mindset of "Okay, I have to get to work otherwise I'm sunk". I even took a little over a month off because this Texas heat made it impossible to think about words. All I could think of were numbers- the temperatures. But actually getting dressed and ready like you're on your way to a 9-5 is a great idea! It gets you into that mindset.

    New follower- feel free to stop by. http://edgeofinsane.blogspot.com

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your plan to treat it like a 9-5 job is a good one, it should help to keep you motivated. I never seem to get as much as I want done on-line because of my 2 and five year old having some sort of crisis or fighting :) Thanks for following my blog, I am glad to follow you back! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also was not getting done what I had wanted to, so this is my plan of attack. Things that don't need 100% full concentration and can be done on the netbook (so blog hopping, commenting, and some marketing) are awake time activities. Things that I can just walk away from when I am needed to take care of PB (only one and only 20 months so it is easier, I am sure when Peanut gets here things will be different). Things that need my full attention happen during naptime or after bed. So yes, I work, later in the day, but I will be getting everything done. (Hopefully)!

    I will be following everyone back later on today!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis