Sunday, February 26, 2012

Prayerful Teachings

Prayer is a very private relationship between us and God.  Prayers has been something that I have struggled with for a long time.  I always felt that I didn't know if I was doing it right.  I didn't know what to say.  I felt silly talking to someone that wasn't there asking Him to help fix my life.  Then I realized a few things.  

1.  It's not all about me.  God has a plan for our lives and it is bigger than me.  I just have to be willing to be His hands, feet and mouth here on earth and work His plan.  Even when I am not sure what that is.   

2.  I talk to myself all the time.  It is not even just the internal conversations you have with yourself.  Oh no, I am an outloud thinker, especially when I am by myself.  So is it really silly to actually be talking to Someone who wants to hear me - even if I can't physically see the person in front of me.  Oh and the whole out load thinking thing has gotten way worse now that I have had kids and you are told you are supposed to talk to them all the time for language development. 

3.  It tells us how to pray in the bible.  It's the Lord's prayer, but our pastors have talked about this recently and we should talk to God like a friend, like a family member, like OUR FATHER.  We should also thank Him for stuff, not just pour out all we want God to do for us.  I am learning that through a fictional series that I am reading.  The Yada Yada Prayer Group.  

4.  I have also learned that it's not all about talking.  It's way more about listening.  I have come to believe that lyrics get stuck in my head are messages from God.  Something God is wanting to me to get.  I just feel it in my spirit.  I have also learned that when something seems to be from God I know it in my gut.  I truly feel it in my solar plexis area.  I know weird. 

Why am I sharing all of this.  Well, I need to start putting more action into my faith.  I took a huge step tonight - while I was irritated with hubs.  I sent our monthly newsletter on Touch of Home Learning tonight.  I got an email back from someone wanting more information.  I am sometimes slow at returning emails, but we are doing some BIG things with Touch of Home Learning and I just knew I had to get the email out right away.  Well that lead to me email a whole other group of people too.  So my prayer is that some of the answers we are seeking were reached tonight in that group of e-mails.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis