Monday, July 23, 2012

Make it Monday: Distressed Frame

So I had been looking for a way to keep my marketing plan somewhere where I can see it and I can just cross things off.

I had seen several planners, to do lists, calendars in frames on Pinterest.  They are in frames because you can write on it with a dry erase marker and then wipe it away when you are done for the day.


I had the above frame and it had a chipped corner and a weird size so I was not really going to use it for pictures so it was perfect for my vision of this project. 

I pulled out the scrapbook paper, created my list on the word processor, added a piece of scripture and put it all together.  I liked it, except for that darn chipped corner.  


So, I pulled out an emery board and started distressing the edges.  Yes, I used an emery board.  Why?  Because I didn't have any sand paper.  The ones from the dollar store are the best because they are rough and should never, ever go toward your fingers they are that rough.


So there it is.  A close up-ish picture.  I think she turned out great!  She sits here next to my computer so I can just cross off as I go along.  I can make small notes in margins as well and transfer things to my notebook later.  

Oh and it was free since I had everything on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis