Monday, November 19, 2012

{Make it Happen Monday} De-Funkify

This blog has been my place for release.  I love to write and talk about what is going on in our world.  However, there are times in life that you just don't want everyone knowing your business.  October and so far November have been like that. 

Right now we are living a life that is going from on financial crisis to another.

Because of this, I have picked up more things to do here at home.  One - I have started marketing and writing more for Yahoo Voices.  Mostly our preschool stuff is going there, but I am crossing them with Touch of Home Learning with The Hickman Five.  {It paid for a birthday gift for Little Miss and a Christmas gift for Little Mister - with the combination of sales and coupons.} 

The big one is though that I am now working with the same company Hubs is working for.  I am working in OUTSIDE SALES!  This is SO not me.  Here's what happened - I was praying, ok God I will do almost anything to help our situation.  We truly believe that Keith working for Echo Daily is where you want us.  There is just this unexplainable peace about working here even with how up to us every single sale is.  We know you are here with us.  Hubs comes up to me later that same day, "Hun, I really need your help with this.  I just need you to do whatever you can."  So they registered me as a consultant.  I go on appointments, I set appointments, I keep everything organized.  If I have to have a job, at least it is one where I can set my own hours and be at home with the kids and still make decent money.  Added bonus I get to work with the Love of My Life!

Then there are days like today where he has to leave (because of meetings) at 9 am and will not be home until 9 pm! (He is going right from a meeting to the gym).  Oh and Little Miss gets no DVD's today so Mama is having to keep her busy.  This is not going to be a long day. 

So this funk we have been in is coming to an end.  We are implementing a former motto with a change.  It was a motto I had in college and I am sure I have talked about it before. 

10, 2 letter words to live by "If it is to be it is up to me."  Now for the change ... still 10 by 2. 

If it is to be, it is up to us. 
{you, me and God}

We are the only ones that are going to be able to turn this life around and we won't be able to do it without the help of our Heavenly Father, the Lord God Almighty.  

So my goals for this Make It Monday:


Wife:  Tell Hubs why I love him 3 x time week (more than just "love you")
Homemaker:  Clean house, top to bottom by Wednesday (no we don't have anyone coming over, but the house has been lower on the priority list than the blog.)
Mommy:  Fun QT (quiet time) activities for 10 to 12 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.  Embrace our schedule and enforce it. 
Me: Gym 4 x this week.  Shower and make up 4 x this week (Thursday counts so really it is just 3 extra).
Faith:  Stand firm on the promises that God is God and He will provide us everything we need.   Be thankful for the blessings and the struggles.
Work: Scheduled Posts to cover the whole week or post on days not scheduled.  30 calls a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis