Monday, December 31, 2012

{Make it Happen Monday} Big Picture 2013

So in July I started thinking about being intentional. Usually I journal in a notebook, but for some reason this particular concept, idea, train, notion ended up spilling from my fingers into a document here on the computer.

Over the last few days I have been thinking about 2013 and how we need things to change.  So this idea of living intentionally came back into my head.  I read over the journal entry and decided this was something that I was really going to carry into 2013.  Now, I refuse to say these are my "New Year's Resolutions" because I really don't like that idea.  The fact that they are "NYR's" gives you an excuse to not keep them.  Because we all think it, "Who really keeps NYR's?"

Hubs and I both feel that 2013 has got to be the year that we get back on our feet.  2012 is a year that we just want to write off.  But we really need to look at the year and find the lessons God was trying to reveal to us.  The biggest being that we can't do it without Him.

2013 is the year of the "New Us." {us = Hubs, Me and God}

Living intentionally with and on purpose.  Becoming a better Wife, Mom and Woman all by the grace of God.

I picked priorities.  They are the same priorities of last year with one slight change.

Wife:
Our marriage is already important, but we have not gone on a date in a long time.  We need to make time for each other.  The stress of the past 5 months has really worn us out.  Since we are moving we need to make sure that this is our number 1 priority.

1. One Date Night per month
2. Take the Alpha Class together.
3. {ABD} Every Friday or Saturday Night - have Hubs plan some of them too.
4. Real reasons I love you several times throughout the week. {Re-institute our daily post-it notes}


Homemaker:
As my position of the Chief HelpMate it is my job to take care of the things here at home. 

1.  Meal Plan - still in effect, eat at home Monday through Friday.  Step up the couponing and planning in order to keep budget tight, health a priority and family meal time. 
2.  Encourage monthly family dinner with whole family.
3.  Cleaning Plan - will be developed over time. 
4.  Seeing that Daddy currently works from home, we will be implementing and enforcing a strict schedule with the kids to ensure full time hours get put in with work.
5.  If Hubs starts working out of the home, 1 day a week when he gets to eat lunch out.

Mommy -

1.  Adjust current reward chart, rules and consequence.  Needs to be more consistent.  Listening to Mama must be a component.
2.  Intentional playdates - at least once a week.
3.  Intentional outside the house playtime - at least once a week.
4.  Enforce wake times and naptimes - religiously.
5.  Preschool type activities at least 3 times a week.

Personally -
Sometimes I forget that I am more than a wife, a helpmate and a mommy.  I need to remember that I am Sara. 

1.  My health and weight are a priority this year.  Seeing that we are moving to my in-laws things are going to be a little up in the air.  I will be going to the gym 5 times a week. 
2.  Make-up will be worn 4 times a week for my husband, not for anyone else.
3.  I will be sure to dress for him 4 times a week.
4.  I will read 7 books by June 2013, I will even create a reading plan for the year.  My theme this year is “A New Us - Living Intentionally with and on Purpose. Becoming a Better Mother, Wife and Woman all by the Grace of God.” These will be books on marriage, relationships and our faith.
 
Faith -

1.  Participate in the Alpha Class in “winter 2013”
2.  Complete 2 bible studies.
3.  Read and Study the Word 5 times a week - I have found this easiest when I wake up before the rest of the family.  Getting up even just 1 hour before they do - 6:30 am.
4.  Pray at the beginning of each day - even if it is just, “Thank you God for another day.”
5.  Do my best to follow God’s plan for our family and seek God first in all things. 
6.  I am going to start a prayer list.  It will be as specific as it can.  When prayers are answered they will be marked with the date of when it was answered and how.  This list will be right in my planner so that I have easy access to it at all times.

Friend -

1.  My friends and family are fuel to my life - especially that all of my friends are Christians.  I will put forth the effort to spend time with them once a month - a dinner or a game night. 
2.  Seeing that my friends are also friends that have kids, I can take time during the day and make playdates - more for us mommies, but get the kids involved too.  Great for me and great for the kids.
3.  As different friends come to mind I will either pray for them, write them, or send them a quick message on Facebook. 
4.  I will make more of an effort to maintain and develop my friendships because they are important to me.

5.  There is a lost art of birthday cards and hand-written notes.  I will do my best to send my friends birthday cards this year.



All of these priorities are the same from when I started (and didn't keep up with it) in July.  The change is that I had Blogger and Writer broken down separately.  I am changing that to Career since I am adding a marketing consultant position to my already busy plate.  Those goals are not yet set, so I will post them at a later time.

These are the big goals and the big picture plans for 2013 (til June).  Each week I am going to break down the goals on little steps to get the big goals accomplished.  I will also update you on how I did the week before.  How is that for some accountability.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis