Monday, December 24, 2012

When You Least Expect It

I fell in love with my husband all over again this (Sunday) morning. 

One of my favorite pictures of us.  Sits in a frame next to my side of the bed.  April 2008.
This morning after starting to get up, I looked at him and said, "I am resounding myself to the fact that it will be lost."  Now, I am not going to go into all the details - we are not ready to share yet. 

I get the kids dressed for church and give them some extra love this morning.  Mostly because Mommy needed it.  Hubs gets out of the shower and takes them downstairs so I can get dressed for church. 

At the bottom of the stairs, I turn to head toward the kitchen.  He is there waiting for me.  Wraps me in his arms and just hugs me.  He says nothing.  No words need to be shared.  In his embrace I heard, "I love you." "We are going to make it through this."  "You matter to me."  "You are special." 

He held me.  I cried. 

He held me and said nothing.  I cried and fell in love with him all over again. 

We went to church and I will be honest - I have no idea what our Sr. Pastor taught today.  I tried to pay attention.  I couldn't.  I sat there thinking about what I was dealing with.  I remember thinking.  God is using this to pull me closer to Him.  He is using this to pull Keith closer to Him.  He is using this to bring us closer together.  No matter what the outcome in the physical, we will make it through because God is here with us.


God didn't pick Keith out for me.  God created Keith for me.  I thank God for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis