Friday, February 15, 2013

{Feed Me Friday} Stuffed Pizza

Last week we were running out of things for dinner and no real time to go to the store.  So what does Mama do?  Look what I can find and come up with something!

I knew I had the toppings for pizza.  I had sauce, cheese, pepperoni and sausage.  I hunt the freezer for sausage and I can't find it ANYWHERE!  I know what happened to it and that is a different story for a different time.  So what can I do with pizza toppings ... make pizza.  This is a perfectly acceptable dinner in our house.

Now what to put that pizza on.  Ahh, we have crescent rolls - I could make mini calzones. 

While assembling dinner I decided that the idea of calzones is great, but feeding two men the size of them might be an issue.  So I went for stuffed pizza instead.

I forgot to take pictures of what I was doing.  I am so sorry!
The bottom layer I smooshed { Yes, that is a technical foodie term } together all the edges of the crescent rolls.  This made one big rectangle.  I used the whole can of crescent rolls for the bottom of the pizza.  I also flattened the crescents out some more.

Then I piled on the toppings.  Cheese, pepperoni, more cheese - I was still thinking that we would be dipping the pieces, but I did add a little sauce to the toppings.  I then took the second can of crescent rolls and covered the top.  The openings were on purpose.   Shake on some parm and garlic and ...


Bake 350 for 12 ish minutes.  Let sit 3 minutes or so and enjoy!

Family Verdict:  Okay to have again with minor changes.

Hubs - really salty (I used garlic salt instead of powder and he's right it packed a wallop of salt.)  Other than that the flavor was good.
Little Miss - I want more!
Little Mister - clean plate with minimal being given to the dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis