Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Where in the World are The Hickman Five?

Sure feels like we have fallen off the face of the Earth! 

Well we haven't.  Truth be told - Mama had a job since August and there was just no time for blogging.  I leave for work at 8:15am and not get home until 6:30.  In the 15 minutes in the morning and the 1 1/2 hours in the evening I had to fit a full day of "Mommy" time.  By the time 8:30 rolled around I had to prep for the next day/week.  I was working at a daycare so I was having to prep activities.  Which I had no time to do during the day. 


This was supposed to be the answer to all of our problems.  A job where I could take the kids with me.  They would be getting the whole school atmosphere.  Husband would be working and we would be on our own by November 2nd. 

So that was one of those prayers where we say, "Okay God check this out.  Here is my plan ... now make it happen." 

Well God had different plan. 
1.  Husband did get a job - a great one on top of that.  It didn't start until DECEMBER 2!
2.  Where I had gotten a job was - well a joke.  I won't go into how horrible of a situation it was because it's not worth it.  Let's just put it this way -- my 3 year old was crying to not go to school and she was in MY classroom.  My now 2 year old would tell me every morning.  "No mama, No like 'landa." 
3.  I should have been more prayerful with making our latest decision, but Little Miss, Little Mister and I decided we would not be returning to the center. 

Not sure how it is going to happen, but we are going to make it work this time with working at home.  Through writing, designing, photography, card making, cake decorating, party planning, preschool and teaching resources, and any sort of affiliate marketing.  It's going to work this time because it is going to be God's plan -- not mine.

Can't promise what kind of usage the blog is going to get right now.  It is a work in progress.  Nice thing about life, it is all about the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis